We have a 6-month paid internship position available. Our intern will experience many aspects of working in a heritage organization environment and gain new skills through hands-on, immersive collections work.
This position is made possible through the Young Canada Works program, so all candidates must be eligible according to their program guidelines (see bottom of page) and apply through the YCW website https://young-canada-works.canada.ca.
Title: Collections Assistant
Deadline for application: July 23, 2018 at 11:59 pm
YCW Requirements for all applicants:
- Must a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada; Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Will be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Must be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
- Will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week**) while employed with YCW;
- Must be an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, that is, not employed full-time;
- Must be a recent graduate who has graduated from college or university within the last 24 months at the start of employment;
- Must not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with YCW;
- Must not have previously participated in or been paid under this or any other Career Focus internship program funded under the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy.